Transform communication plans into execution with a smart communication strategy.
You’ve got your different audiences, multiple marketing channels, timelines, tactical activities, a budget, resources and key stakeholders. All of these must link together so that they communicate your message effectively. Most importantly all the departments of an organisation must work together to produce results.
A communications strategy is your clear roadmap for moving forward. It’s a great tool for effective coordination and guides implementation. At Belong Creative, we help organisations strategise and deliver solutions for communication challenges, creating a path for effective communication.
A communication strategy is key to coordinating your organisation's internal and external communications. Having a plan avoids redundancies and wastage in communication. An organisation-wide communication strategy can help to ensure that communications are cohesive and help to build trust with customers, employees and shareholders. Effective communication can lead to improved outcomes, such as engagement of customers and improved productivity and enhanced motivation of employees, giving them the right information to make better decisions faster.
When creating a communications strategy, there are several questions you need to consider as part of the project brief. These include:
1. What are the objectives for the strategy you hope to achieve?
2. Who is the audience that you want to reach with your communication?
3. What is your current situation and how does it need to change?
4. What are the key messages you want to communicate to your target audience?
5. How and when will you measure the success of your communications strategy?
6. Which communication channels are best to reach your target audience?
7. Who will you assign responsibility for creating and deploying your campaign?
8. What tasks need to be completed and when?
There are many integrated elements to a sound communications strategy. You have your strategic pillars like purpose, mission and corporate values. You have your Customer and Employee Value Propositions, as your key messaging frameworks that set you apart. With these foundational pieces clear, we can move onto your business and marketing objectives which we capture in a brief. What is the problem we are trying to solve? In terms of your target audience, who are we talking to and what problem are we solving for them? In what channels do they spend their time and how can we engage with them efficiently? What tactics can we use to take them through a journey of awareness, engagement, purchase and advocacy.
Once you have answered these questions, follow these steps to develop a communication strategy:
1. Determine your communications strategic objective
2. Define and research your target audiences
3. Assess the leap required from your status quo to close any gaps
4. Identify your communications channels
5. Create your key messages by channel
6. Decide on metrics and milestones
7. Assign message owners
8. Create and deploy Project Plan
Often as business leaders, taking people on the journey is a key success factor. By demonstrating to your stakeholders how strategy turns into execution, you are well on your way to success. An integrated marketing communications plan does just that. Our Client Solutions team members have brand and marketing expertise to help you develop a communications plan as a versatile and robust tool. Engage your stakeholders with a clear roadmap. Engage your creative agency with a schedule of assets to deliver on.
We work with reputable brands to help them develop a communication strategy that engages the right people at the right time in the right channel; driving ROI. We do this through the following steps.
1. Define the project needs and objectives that will deliver business success
2. Develop a communication strategy that compels the target audience to take action
3. Craft a channel plan that includes the key timings, audience, channels and messages
4. Detail an asset list of deliverables and assign to key stakeholders with budgets and deadlines
5. Design and deploy creative assets
6. Analyse results and optimise or pivot
As a Communication Strategy agency, we provide the following communication services to support you:
1. Challenging and defining your communication objectives through collaboration
2. Developing the communication plan with phased campaigns
3. Determining the ideal communication channels to communicate the message
4. Alignment of communication strategy with corporate story
5. Measuring results and optimising content
We can also support your business with all the creative and production, including copy, design, printing, photography and video services.
Are you looking for a professional communication strategy consultant to create an effective communication strategy for your next campaign?
Your message is critical and we want to ensure it is communicated effectively. We specialise in helping businesses create branded communication strategies that are highly effective in getting results. We would be happy to discuss how your brand could benefit from our services. We have helped several companies create effective organisation-wide communication strategies that foster engagement, growth, productivity and belonging.
Architects have blueprints, explorers have maps, creative teams – marketers, writers, designers, project managers – have briefs. In fact, the brief is the unsung hero of most successful projects.